Tuesday 18 August 2015

Haul + Swatch: ColourPop

Haul and Swatch of Eyeshadows, lipsticks and highlighters from Colourpop Cosmetics
How is it that I've only just discovered Colourpop? Only when I discovered it did I realize that it's an affordable brand that beauty gurus have been raving about for a while. Determine to not be left out, I made an order and I'm so glad that I did. I don't usually order makeup online because I don't like not knowing how products will look on me before I buy them. What I love about the Colourpop site (other than the affordable makeup) is that they sometimes show swatches of the products on people of different skin colours. This makes it really easy for me to see how the product is likely to look on my skin and so I wasn't uneasy about buying makeup online.

The timing of this discovery was perfect as I was in the market for a gold highlighter and willing to dish out a pretty penny on Becca Opal. Instead, for tens of dollars cheaper, I got a beautiful golden highlighter in the form of Wisp. The highlighter is a mousse-y, creamy product that I use my fingers to apply. I've read that synthetic and duo-fiber brushes work really well but I love an intense highlight so I pat it onto the tops of my cheekbones. While the highlight is intense, I find that it's a tad light for my skin so it only shows up when it hits the light making it subtle otherwise (does that make any sense?!). This strange combination makes it a perfect "everyday" highlight and so I don't feel too conspicuous wearing it during the day.  
Swatch of Colourpop Cosmetics Highlighter
 Super Shock Cheek Highlighter in Wisp
I also bought two Lippie Sticks in Lumiere and Brink - I'm in quite the nude lipstick rut but I couldn't help it. Being darker skinned it's so hard to find the perfect nude so I jump at any nude lipstick I see. I'm very happy with the colours I chose and can't wait to try them out!
Swatch of Colourpop Cosmetics Lipsticks
Lippie Sticks: Lumiere / Brink
Lastly, I bought four eye shadows and, as usual, I stuck to my neutral guns and bought gold and brown shades with the exception of one: a deep purple. Colourpop shadows has many finishes. Though I'm not too sure on the differences between them, from what I understand Satin, Pearlized, Metallic and Ultra-Metallic all have glitter in them with Satin being the least glittery and Ultra-Metallic being the most. The colours I purchased were Intoxicate (a matte brown), Get Lucky (a true liquid gold is the best way to describe it), Lace (a gorgeous deep purple) and Nillionaire (a super glittery brown). I can't wait to rock these shadows and I'll be sure to post a review when I do!
Swatches of Colourpop Cosmetics Eyeshadows
Eyeshadows: Intoxicate / Get Lucky / Lace / Nillionaire
Have you ever tried ColourPop? What are your favourite products from the brand? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...