Saturday 30 May 2015

Nude Lips for Darker Skintones

It's been quite a battle finding the perfect nude for my skin tone. A lot of the nudes out there are great for lighter skin tones but the light pinks don't work well on my skin. I've always known my perfect nude would be a balance between brown and pink but all the brown lipsticks are far too dark while all the pink ones are far too light. Whine whine whine.

But I've finally done it. I've finally found some perfect nudes for darker skin tones that don't make my lips look like I smoke a pack a day. It's been a few months of digging and swatching but I've finally done it.


My journey started with a lip liner I've raved about before.  I wear Rimmel's Exaggerate Automatic Lip Liner in Epic on a daily basis to work with nothing on top as it's the perfect nude for me. It's light brown with a pink/peach undertone. At first I felt as though this lip liner was drying but after several months, I realized it's just sticking to my lips (not sticky either). I wish I could find a better word for this; know that it's not drying or sticky, it's just ...there. After using this for so long, I don't feel it on my lips and it gives my lips a my lips but better look. It also lasts for a good long while (at least five hours) but it does start to rub off once I eat (lasts through drinks though!). It also makes my lipsticks (when I do wear any on top) last for ages. Knowing that this was my perfect nude, I then set out to find matching lipsticks which brought me to...
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London (04): I need to have a moment of silence for the death of Target in Canada. Also, if any Canadians could tell me where else I could find these, that'd be great. This is a lovely light brown and I wear it on top of my Epic liner as I feel as though it's not dark/pink enough in it to wear on it's own. It lasts for a long, long while, it doesn't smudge or run and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's a win-win-win-win-win. There's also a slight vanilla scent which I love. The only downside is that it's hard to find even in the States as NYX SMLCs are so popular.

The last is a higher end brand that is darker that my previous picks and it's a creamy lipstick that I've really been liking. Buxom's True Nude Lip Foundation in Revealed is very pigmented and creamy. It's not drying and it lasts so so well without smudging or rubbing off. The colour is just as pigmented after eating as when I first put it on - it doesn't fade or transfer. It's easily the best formula of the three nudes though (get ready for more whining) I wish it was a tad lighter/more pink. Now if only I could get the Buxom formula with the Rimmel colour..

Have you tried any of these products (in any shade)? What are your thoughts on them. Leave your favourite nude lipsticks in the comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe! Hopefully we can get great nudes for a variety of skintones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...