Thursday 15 October 2015

Review: My Moment with Kat

Review of Kat Von D makeup and beauty - foundation, lipstick and eyeliner
I'm having such a moment with Kat Von D. I've raved about her liquid lipstick before but I've picked up a few bits from her make up like and I just can't. Everything I've tried has been so fantastic so I thought I'd do a little review (cough, rave, cough) about Kat Von D.

Starting with the face, her Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (Medium 57) is my new favourite. The shade range is really great, she has a variety of colours and undertones to pick from. This is probably the most full coverage foundation I've ever used as three quarters of a pump goes a long way. It manages to hide my scars and hyper-pigmentation and makes my skin look air brushed. It is a matte foundation though I've noticed it gets slightly greasy after four or five hours - nothing a little powder can't fix. Though it is a little bulky, I do like the pump and packaging. It came with a plastic piece to fit over the opening and I've held onto it as it'll make sure your foundation is spill proof when you travel. I can't say enough good things about this bad boy.

Next I've really been enjoying her Tattoo Liner in Trooper. This is the black liner and it really is quite black (nothing more annoying that grey "black" liners). At first I hated the fine brush, preferring a more stiff tip applicator but I've grown to love it. The brush is very fine, perfect for drawing thin lines though I build mine up and out as I love a strong cat-eye. If you're used to a stiff applicator, this takes a while to get used to but I now prefer the brush to the stiff tip. It isn't impossible to get off while still lasting ages. It does smudge if you rub your eyes so, you know, don't. Easily my current favourite liner.

Lastly I've been loving the Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita. This is a matte dusty rose and it is the prettiest pink for those with darker skin tones. It isn't drying, it lasts well through meals and it's just so pretty. I wear this without a lip liner as I love the colour on its own and it lasts a good 7 to 8 hours without touch ups and while eating spaghetti bolognese.  I'll have a swatch up on the blog soon so stay tuned!

I still want to try out her powder foundation, concealer and the liquid lipstick version of Lolita (seriously, why is it so hard to find?!) and I'll definitely post a review when I do!

Have you tried anything by Kat Von D? What was your impression? Would you try anything else? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...