Sunday 9 August 2015

Makeup: My Five Product Face

Makeup review of Tarte, Buxom, Nars, Inglot, Rimmel and Sephora
Let's be honest, I chose five products because there was some alliteration to it. But being even more honest, I actually use just five products on my face if I'm heading out with friends. Just to clarify, this isn't my everyday makeup because lately I haven't been wearing makeup daily (don't tell the beauty gurus). This also isn't my night-out makeup because that requires a lot more than five products. This is my "I'm seeing people I know so I should probably not look like a slob" makeup - or what would be my everyday makeup.

Foundation - the foundation I've been reaching for as of late is my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. It works better for me during the summer months as the clay ensures my skin doesn't get greasy and the darker shade is a pretty great match for my tanned skin. I just buff it in with my Sonia Kashuk brush and my base is done. You can choose to use primer or powder but with this foundation, I find that I don't always need to.

Blush - NARS is one of my favourite blushes because of their shade range and longevity - it's that simple. I add Orgasm to the apples of my cheek for a glow and pop of colour.

Eyeshadow - I'm not always one for eyeshadow but I find that a little silver or gold in the inner corners of my eyes does wonder for brightening my face. It makes me look a little more awake and a little more put together so I add a bronze Inglot shadow there.

Eyeliner - I think that eyeliner is one of two things that makes the biggest difference on your face. A quick top line or feline flick has me looking dressier and as though I made more of an attempt to look nice without being too tedious. The Sephora Collection Dramatic Line is what I've been reaching for lately as it's smudge proof, dark and lasts well.

Lipstick - Lipstick is the second of the two things I mentioned. A bold lip or even a wash of nude seems to enhance all my make up. I find that you can get away with a lot when your lipstick is just right. For my everyday nude (and actually everyday!), I use Buxom or Rimmel.

And there you have it - not too much and not too little. It's an easy process for me and I feel as though it makes a huge difference.

What are your everyday products or favourite products? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...