Tuesday 25 August 2015

5 Tips for Avoiding the Morning Rush

Tips for getting ready in the mornings quickly, sleeping in
Once you hit a certain age, every second of sleep is precious. From hitting snooze multiple times to not wearing make up to work, I will do anything to get those extra minutes of sleep. But I've been getting better at the whole "morning" thing and I boil it down to these few tips:

1. Just wake up earlier. Easier said than done but I find that when I know I have an early morning, I try to get to bed much earlier than I normally would. This means I can wake up fairly refreshed and not have to run around looking for things.

2. Dry Shampoo the night before. If you've been reading this blog for a few months, you'll know my dry shampoo tricks - baby powder brushed through my hair the night before absorbs all oil and, as a bonus, there's no white residue in the morning.

3. Organize your make up and outfit the night before. I can spend countless minutes deciding on an outfit so I try to check the weather and plan my outfit the night before. This saves me from staring at my closet and frantically throwing together something haphazard. Don't forget shoes and any jewellery!

4. Make sure any bags are packed the night before. The worst thing you can do is worry about packing your bag when you're in a rush; you're more likely to forget half the things you need! Keep everything you need for the day all together so you can just grab and go.

5. Quick breakfasts that can be made and kept the night before or are quick to assemble are key to ensuring you don't skip that important meal. Granola bars are a life saver as they're quick to throw into your bag and easy to eat during your commute.

It's all about prep when it comes to being more organized in the mornings. If you work a little the night before, you're rewarded with a few more minutes to sleep in the morning after and that is gold. What are your tips for avoiding the Morning Rush? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

image source: weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...