Thursday 9 July 2015

The Eyeliner Edit


Review of Eyeliners: Sephora, Hard Candy, Rimmel, Almay
When it comes to eyeliners, I tend to gravitate towards drugstore brands (which may be why they're the bane of my existence). I use them frequently and go through them quickly so I can't justify dishing out over $15 each time I need an eyeliner. I go for liquid eyeliners as I generally find they're the darkest, easiest to apply and easiest to wash off so here's the breakdown on my current and past liners:

Sephora Collection Dramatic Line 24HR Felt Eyeliner: I've written a review about it before and while I like how long it lasts and the applicator, the colour leaves more to be desired. It just isn't black enough - though the fact that I line over gold shadows may be a contributor to that fact. I think I would repurchase it again because, as you'll soon read, it's a fairly good liner relative to the others I've come across. The price tag isn't too steep either which is always a plus.

Hard Candy Walk The Line: while this liner hits the nail on the head for colour (it's seriously dark), its applicator is the worst I've come across. It's a flimsy little brush that bends every which way and can leave you with raccoon eyes if you're not gentle. It lasts a fairly long while without smudging or running which is great. For those who don't have the steadiest of hands, I do not recommend this and despite it's lasting power and colour, I won't be repurchasing this product.

Rimmel Scandalize Micro Eyeliner: This was by far the most disappointing for the bunch. The pencil like applicator was very welcome after the Hard Candy liner but the pen dried out within a couple weeks and it wasn't dark at all. Even after going over the line a few times, the colour remained a light black (grey-ish?) which just looked like I was using a drying liner (which I was). I will definitely not be repurchasing this at all.

Almay Liquid Eyeliner: I've been saving the best for last - this is hands down my favourite liner. It's as dark as the Hard Candy liner and has the best applicator - stiff without being hard. It comes in a little pot with the applicator on the cover; this makes it sound like a gel liner but it's very much liquid. It also doesn't travel around much though it's not waterproof and will smudge/wipe off easily. It also doesn't dry out quickly which means you can use it for months on end, depending on how frequently you wear eyeliner. It's becoming very hard to find which is a drawback but I can definitely see why. I will always, always repurchase this product.

What are your favourite eyeliners - drugstore or high end? Why? Leave a comment down below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...