Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favourites

May has been a great month so far - the warm weather has opened up weekends of adventure; I've gone hiking, to the beach, walking around downtown Toronto. All things that put  me in a great mood. I've (re)discovered quite a few favourites this month though not all beauty but what's life if it's only about makeup?

My Brother, My Brother and Me has become one of the high points of my day. I listen to this hilarious podcast on my commute to work since driving over an hour everyday has made me sick of the radio. These three brothers answer questions from listeners and on Yahoo Answers for an entertaining time.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara was an impulse purchase from Target when I went to Buffalo a couple months back and it's blown me away. The brush was interesting - the short stubby bristles intrigued me as I've never used something like that but the formula was fantastic. It was long lasting, didn't smudge and gave my lashes length and volume. Only thing was that it was a little stubborn to remove - my regular cleanser would take off majority but not all of it.

I rediscovered my Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation after needing a good foundation that wouldn't make me too greasy during warmer days. I've raved about it before and my feelings haven't changed much - a foundation with great coverage, it doesn't wipe off easily or slip around and it doesn't make you look greasy. Again, the fact that it doesn't have my exact shade really bothers me but the one I've got is close enough and will probably match better once I tan.

Hey Claire is a YouTuber I've recently started watching and she is fantastic. I love her style (though I could never pull it off), how she talks and her videos. She's easily one of the more talented YouTubers when it comes to ideas and editing and she puts in so much effort in all her videos. Definitely been binge-watching her!

Last but certainly not least is my favourite primer, Neutrogena Shine Control Primer. I've spoken about this and other Neutrogena products before and you'll know how much I love this. This is the perfect summer primer as it's so absorbent without making your skin look dry or cake-y. I put this on before my foundation and I've rarely had to powder after a few hours (I think I've had to powder on three separate occasions and that was after 8 hours).

What are your May favourites, beauty or otherwise? Leave your recommendations or links to your posts below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...