Sunday 17 May 2015

The Easiest Summer Everything Sauce

Last week we had a barbecue for mother's day where my brother and I cooked for my mom and some family friends. I was able to learn a lot since my mom sat around like the Queen she is and instructed me on how to make marinades, sauce and dressings. We were originally going to use this sauce as a marinade for chicken but we decided to make some shrimp orzo instead and this versatile concoction became the dressing for that. It has a fresh flavour without being too lemony or garlicky - the perfect sauce for any picky eaters! It can also be drizzled over any salad for a light dressing - it is quite literally capable of flavouring anything!

All it takes are the whisking of a few ingredients: the juice of one and a half lemons, double that amount of Olive Oil, 3 tsp. Salt, 1/2 tsp. Pepper, 1 tsp. Oregano, and 5 cloves of garlic chopped finely. That's it! 

What's your favourite summer dressings/marinades - homemade or otherwise? Hope you guys try this easy recipe out since barbecuing season is upon us! Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...