Friday 24 April 2015

SWHF, Part 2: My Visit to Dixie

In case you are wondering, SWHF is She Who Hunts Finds, the blogger challenge that I'm participating in. It seems like all I do is create acronyms for series but it makes for shorter post titles!

This past week I spent a couple days at Dixie Outlet Mall, shopping (and saving) my heart out. Before going there, I checked the stores on their site and was excited to see names such as Nine West (creator of incredibly comfortable heels), Guess (quality clothes that are definitely worth the price) and Tommy Hilfiger (my dad's favourite store - I had to keep this in mind since Father's Day is coming up!).
Dixie Outlet Mall is bigger than I remember - it's a one stop "shop", filled with stores selling clothes, shoes, electronics, perfume, toys and more. There's even a flea market, something that excited the bargain/knick knack hunter in me. I have to admit, I preferred shopping on a weekday; I was able to score a parking spot close to the mall and leisurely browse as the mall wasn't packed. I went shopping on a Sunday afternoon and you can tell this is a well-loved mall with crowds of people excited to shop for discounts. The mall was bustling but it was surprisingly pleasant as most stores were staffed well on weekends, expecting the crowds of people.

The instructions of the this competition, in case you missed the last post here, asks me to see how much I can save while shopping for a spring outfit at Dixie Outlet Mall. I was given a $200 gift card and asked to try to use the full value of this card - this was no easy feat. Neither was saving, to be honest, because the prices were so great, I was able to find an ideal outfit without saving much for less than $75 - a dressy romper, sandals and gorgeous cardigan. I was determined to see how much I could save so I had to ditch that plan and force myself to spend more to save more!

I enjoyed my time at Dixie Outlet Mall and especially enjoyed the savings! I dragged my mom along with me and she was pleased to see stores that carried larger sizes for her so that was a bonus! Have you been to Dixie Outlet Mall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...