Saturday 21 March 2015

Kelly's Going Green

Kelly from Glitter Diaries has written a wonderful post on all things green (literally and figuratively!), I hope you all enjoy: 

Hey lovely The Sunday Wardrobe readers!

This month, the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network dedicated March's guest posting theme to any and all things green. I kept thinking about green eco-friendly products and green coloured makeup that I love using and then decided to combine both of those ideas into a round-up of my favourite green products, both eco-friendly and in the pretty shade of green. So, here goes!

I collected my favourites of the boldest shades of green I owned, from neon green pigment to pressed eyeshadows to glitter (gotta include that!) and also an awesome green mascara I love pulling out for themed makeup looks. I also had to include one of my favourite brushes and lip crayon, unfortunately not in a shade of green but still gorgeous none-the-less.
From L-R: Urban Decay Electric Palette 'Freak & Thrash' Eyeshadows, MAC 'Green Space' Pigment, Annabelle 'Kryptonite' Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner, NYX Cosmetics 'Glam Lagoon' Glam Liner Aqua Luxe Waterproof Liner, EcoTools Skin Perfecting Brush , Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Crayon, Hard Candy 1000 Lashes Mascara
Urban Decay Electric Palette 'Freak' & 'Thrash' Eyeshadows (reviewed here): What can I say about these shadows except that they're two amazing shades from an equally amazing palette that I tend to grab for often. Super pigmented colours that are vividly bright and so much fun to wear for an electrifying (get it? ;)) look.

MAC 'Green Space' Pigment: If I want a higher dose of saturated green pigmentation, Green Space is my go-to. It is the bomb at delivering intense colour that is easy to blend help me create whatever crazy look I'm going for.

Annabelle 'Kryptonite' Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner: Annabelle's Glitterama liners are something I just can't live without ever since discovering them years ago. I love how gorgeous this liner is and how I can use it as a straight forward liner or all over my lids to achieve green apple glittering eyes. The possibilities are endless with these liners!

NYX Cosmetics 'Glam Lagoon' Glam Liner Aqua Luxe: Delivering a sparkling finish as well as bright colour, my favourite green coloured liner is Glam Lagoon by NYX. It truly is smudge-proof and long lasting which is what I look for in bright waterproof liquid liners. This one makes your eyes pop and adds great dimension to any look.

EcoTools Skin Perfecting Brush (reviewed here): I wanted to fit more of these brushes into the pictures because, really, I'm in love with EcoTools and their natural and very affordable brushes. The Skin Perfecting Brush is great for using with light weight liquids like BB Creams and tinted moisturizers. Every time I use any ET brushes, I'm always blown away by the quality and how extremely affordable they are!

Burt's Bees 'Hawaiian Smolder' 100% Natural Lip Crayon (reviewed here): This is just one lipstick out of a collection of all natural lip crayons that deliver great colour and make your lips feel really good too! Hawaiian Smolder is like the perfect shade of pink to brighten up your mood on a gloomy day.

Hard Candy 'Lush Green' 1000 Lashes Mascara: For crazy makeup looks or to simply add a bit of fun to something more subdued, Hard Candy's 1000 Lashes Mascara in Lush Green is where it's at! I used this a heck of a lot during the weeks leading up to Halloween last year, but it also is fun to wear on your bottom lashes for a nice pop of colour!
From L-R Amie Skincare Bright Eyes Very Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, Amie Skincare Morning Light Hydrating Daily Moisturizer, Amie Skincare Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash
Amie Skincare Bright Eyes Very Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: When my eyes are covered in tons of shadow and glitter, Amie's Bright Eyes helps really soothe my eyes as it strips everything off which is critical for me when I'm taking off makeup like that.

Amie Skincare Morning Light Hydrating Daily Moisturizer (reviewed here): Another fave of mine from Amie is Morning Light Hydrating Daily Moisturizer because it isn't too heavy (so it's perfect for wearing now that the weather is getting warmer outside!) and leaves your skin feeling nourished and moisturized all day long.

Amie Skincare Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash (reviewed here): My skin always feels so soft and refreshed after cleansing it with Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash. It gets rid of everything and smells really good too!

Thank you Nabihah for letting me post on your blog! This round-up was a lot of fun to put together :) What are your favourite green beauty products?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...