Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites

I'd say how astonished I am that we're already in the second month of 2015 but I know everyone and their mothers will be saying that in their favourites, so let's just dive in!

Tasseled Tartan Plaid Scarf ($12.90): This scarf, which is unfortunately sold out at Forever21, has been a staple in my wardrobe - it's so easy to throw on and makes a plain, solid-coloured outfit much more interesting. I love pairing it with darker colours, my favourites being an all-black outfit or a grey sweater with black jeans. I'm sure you could find this scarf anywhere as they're everywhere right now but I find that Forever21 has done an affordable and warm version of it.


Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette* ($59): This is one of the best palettes I own and I can't get enough. The colours are great for doing both neutral and smokey eyes. They're pigmented, have no fall-out and have longevity like you wouldn't believe. I once wore these shadows for 10 hours and they looked as pristine at the end of the day as when I first applied them. I own a few popular shadow palettes but none come close to this.


Glysomed Hand Cream: It's embarrassing how much I talk about winter dryness and lotions but I couldn't resist adding this hand cream to my favourites. This bad boy keeps my hands soft through the cold days and even through washes - I can wash my hands three or four times before I find the need to reapply this cream!


St. Ives Swiss Formula Apricot Scrub Gentle: With my skin looking blah thanks to the lack of sun, I turn to this scrub to add a little brightness and make my skin feel soft and smooth. This scrub is gentle for my sensitive skin and I use it twice a week to get rid of any dead skin cells. It helps my skin absorb cream/oil better and I love how clean it makes me feel. 


Nars Blush in Oasis ($35): I absolutely adore Nars blushes. I currently have three on rotation but this has been a firm favourite for January (and December). It's a darker colour which I love for the evening and it is incredibly pigmented and lasts ages on my skin. I can go through a whole day to find my concealer rubbed off but this blush entirely intact. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...