Sunday 22 February 2015

Faux Flowers

There's nothing quite like fresh flowers to make a house seem homely. Flowers have a knack of making everything seem prettier and brightening my day just by being there. Unfortunately, keeping your home filled with flowers is a costly habit and something a lot of students like myself cannot afford. Faux flowers are a great way to keep your rooms looking beautiful and your wallet happy.
I find that faux flowers range from looking plastic to looking quite real and a lot of it has to do with the price. The more expensive fake flowers look realistic and, while it hurts at first, it pays off to fork over the cash for a year-round bouquet. I got my peonies from Ikea and my hydrangeas from Home Sense and while they're not the most expensive or real-looking flowers, they work well enough. I keep my flowers simple and on their own as I'm not a fan of a huge arrangement. I find that a large arrangement, if not done well, has the tendency to make the flowers looking even more fake and so I stay clear from that.

I love faux flowers especially during winter when everything seems gloomy and flowers are nonexistent in nature. An easy and affordable way to brighten a room and your mood!

What's your favourite way to brighten your room?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...