Saturday 17 January 2015

Brand Review: Flower

Flower, Drew Barrymore's new line of drugstore make up, was something that caught my eye a few months back when I was in Chicago for a holiday. The first two products I tried from the line were the lipsticks and, after trying them out, I had no intention of ever purchasing from the brand again. Luckily some beauty bloggers convinced me to give the brand another go and so I bought my first ever cream eyeshadow and, after several months of trying the products, I feel qualified to give my opinion on the brand.

 The Lip Suede Lip Chubby in Berry-More (US$ 7.98) was the first product I tried out and it was only okay for me. While I loved the colour and it wasn't drying, it didn't last very long at all - I had to reapply each time I ate or drank. It was disappointing as I loved this colour for an everyday lipstick but, thankfully, I found a great lipliner (stay tuned for that) and now when I apply this lip chubby over the lipliner, it lasts all day. So, yes, I would repurchase this for the colour and since I've found a way to make it last longer but it's not my top choice.


The next product I tried was this Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Colour in Desert Flower (US$ 6.98). This product was incredibly disappointing: while I loved the colour, this matte lipstick had awful lasting power. I would practically have to reapply after each bite of my food - it wiped off so easily. This would happen despite me wearing my lipliner beneath this lipstick. It isn't drying but, no, I will not be repurchasing this product. In fact, this product put off the brand completely until I spoke to other beauty bloggers who raved about this brand, which convinced me to try out the next and final product of the brand.


The Colour Play Creme Eyeshadow in Wild Geranium (US$ 7.98) is a beautiful rose gold shadow. Incredibly pigmented and long lasting, I was surprised and happy with this product. I apply it with my finger over an eyeshadow primer and it didn't crease all day and stayed looking beautiful. It definitely changed my opinion on the brand and yes, I will be purchasing more colours of this product - they have some beautiful neutrals. 

Have you tried this brand before? If so, what were your thoughts? Will you be trying any products after this review?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...