Saturday 22 November 2014

Handcare for Winter


I don't know how many more posts I can start by talking about the cold, dark, winter months. But here's yet another one.

One thing I hate about winter is how dry my hands get. Not only are my hands not as soft, but they feel tight and that annoys me beyond belief. Soon as it hits September, I double down on my hand moisturizers to minimize the effects of the harsh Canadian winters.

My day product is the Glysomed Hand Cream. It has a thick formula so a pea sized amount suffices in keeping my hands soft and moisturized for several hours and through a couple of washes. This cream is popular with my friends but I do know that the consistency of this cream is a bit odd at first. It is quite thick (which is what makes it work so well) but if you're used to thin, slippery creams, it takes a bit of time to get used to.




My night cream is by far the best thing I have ever laid my hands on (see what I did there?). It's the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. It's a solid formula so I rub my fingertips all over the solid cream and this melts it on my fingers. I then rub whatever is on my fingers onto my hands. I do this right before bed and this process takes one or two minutes but I've noticed a huge difference on my hands. I wear a wrist splint to bed (I have carpal tunnel) and this splint cuts into the skin between my thumb and index finger. I would wake up and my skin would be painful and chafed but, after using this cream, my skin there is much softer and less painful.


What do you do to take care of your hands during winter? Any changes in your hand creams?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...